Monday, July 18, 2011

I need ukulele help please!?

Hi guys!! So, i am starting the ukulele (at least I want to) and I am trying to buy a ukulele. So I was wondering, what brand do you think is the best? And which ukulele do you think would be better to play at a formal event(I mean like a concert, soprano, or tenor, I don't want anything bigger really)? I have been playing music for five years now, and I play violin,piano, french horn, and trumpet, (i advance REALLY quick on instruments) and i was planning on teaching myself, but do you think I should get a couple formal lessons, or am I fine by my self? And what books do you recommend to teach myself or to learn fun songs? sorry for all the questions, you don't have to answer all of them, i just want my research done:) And I am looking for a ukulele in the price range from about $0-$200. I am not looking to go professional or anything, just more of a side hobby... but i DO NOT want a cheap, "plucky" sounding one. I enjoy higher quality instruments (who doesn't?!) But yeah... Thanks so much!! and please only answer if you know what you're talking about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment